We’ve got you this year!
We’re here for you to succeed, and every year, we want you to have the best holiday season yet. Whether you’re an online retailer or are face-to-face with customers in your stores, events, or pop-ups, we’ve compiled a few tips to make your holiday season go on without a hitch!
- Offer returns and exchanges at ease. Customers generally buy from places who have quick delivery during the holidays and easy returns, so they don’t have to worry about the details.
- Make wishlists available for sharing to loved ones. You’ll not only be able to make people’s lives easier–it’s a constant struggle knowing what presents will work out–but it also decreases the need for returns and exchanges (hassle-free!)
- Engage or hire an influencer on social media to take over your page for a day or two. They’ll be able to help style and put your product in context for viewers. This can further the reach of your brand, and tap into new markets.
- Implement holiday contests with raffles or prizes on social media. This can create buzz around your brand, and improve your reach if you require your audience to hashtag your brand or product.
- Customize packaging for the holidays to get people excited and in a festive mood! This can create all the difference: have you ever seen how excited people get about “holiday” shopping bags? Some people collect them.
- Try putting a small amount of credit into a customer’s account once they purchase something. This encourages them to become repeat customers.
- You know your product is good. Do others? Rewarding reviews with a chance to win a gift card can prove helpful in converting more customers when they’re looking to buy.
- Personalize recommendations for shoppers based upon their taste online. You’ll get them to spend a longer time on your site, and perhaps increase their order value.
- Send a holiday card or gift! This can prove a bit costly, but the thought is sweet.
- Look up failed searches: if everyone is searching for a product you don’t have, perhaps it’s time to carry it.
- Send out a survey on social media asking which product they’d like to see discounted. You’re setting the guidelines so you still have control, but customers will be excited to find out, and it will drive more conversions as well.
- If you’re out of a product in-store, show your “extended inventory” (online inventory) and offer similar items available online. You can also display some of the aging inventory that is similar in order to bring awareness to what’s in-stock (and help move those slow-sellers simultaneously).
Good luck–we’re excited for you!