We hosted our first-ever Holiday Kickoff earlier this month with a panel of industry experts giving their advice and insights into scaling your retail business and preparing for the holiday season. We wanted to give retailers a place where they could meet Stitch, our partners, and our customers and ask their burning questions about their biggest retail challenges.
If you were unable to attend the event, don’t worry! We have you covered with this quick recap of the most memorable moments and biggest takeaways from our panel.
Firstly, the event wouldn’t have been possible without our fabulous partners, Xero, ShipStation, and Shopify. They helped us host the event and had experts available at their tables all evening. Click above to learn more about each of them!
Another highlight was our panel of industry experts, featuring some of our awesome customers. Dave from Chubbies, Kirsten from Nomad, and Alex from Flash Tattoos sat down with our co-founder Jake Gasaway to spill their business scaling secrets and how they prepare for the holidays.
A couple biggest takeaways were:
- The importance of finding the right 3PL for each retail business can be quite a hard task, but every one of our panelists did find their 3PL. Chubbies’ Dave noted why they moved to a 3PL was due to the fact that during new releases and spike days, it would be all hands on deck and that just wasn’t a good use of their marketing and product teams.
- Another commonality between all three panelists was the mention of using Zendesk for customer support and communication. It was a great reminder and point that customer experience is huge and correct fulfillment is a key point of this. It comes back to the core of your product, from the quality to the operations, and technology helps bring it all together, whether it’s your inventory, accounting, shipping or customer relations.
- For holiday promotions, the panelists made note of the importance of running successful email and social campaigns, and how those marketing channels have the biggest ROI during the holiday season and beyond. Shopify also just released a report that stated during last year’s holiday season, email marketing drove more than 27% of sales.
Last but not least, a special thanks to our Stitch volunteers! These smiling faces were responsible for ensuring a total success. Our team was all hands on deck, providing in-person support and chatting with attendees about what Stitch can do for retailers.
Latest posts by Courtney Rogin (see all)
- 3 Ways to Tackle New Product Development - April 27, 2016
- eBay, USPS, Google Updates: What Online Retailers Need To Know - April 26, 2016
- 4 Tips To Crafting a Seamless Online Customer Experience - April 13, 2016